In my last blog wrote re: loving kindness & here will develop more & other practices to promote self care.
- Loving kindness or Metta promotes self kindness & attention then send out to others with may I be happy, wealthy, healthy & at ease.
May I have the strength, courage & determination to overcome, challenges.
It is a very beneficial practice as all are proven by science & centuries of use.
Chanting & singing does wonders as well and I use these a lot.
2.Moving to state I am & I have
More recent works by Dr Wayne Dwyer and others talk of I am that, I am.
Changing the script to I am happy, wealthy & at ease etc.
Try stating I am or I have, so in the present moment & as if.
3. Gratitude- Being thankful for all that you do have, whatever it is & even the challenges!
I know this can be hard & life throws up curved balls but like exercising or learning any skill comes with practice.
If you wish to attract more, be grateful, start a journal or mental note.
4. Start day positively if possible – not listening to negative news & then finish off day with positivity, perhaps 3 things to be grateful for.
We can get into negative patterns but also do what lights you up and brings joy, whatever that may be:
5. Finding time to enjoy life- a walk, swim, jog, yoga, kids, cooking, singing, speaking a language, sleep whatever you enjoy.
Movement & breath work will help aches & pains as well & develop chi, prana or energy flow.
6. Watch drinking alcohol & smoking as stress relief. Not self care.
Do you wish to spend money that way and put so many toxins in your body? Copd, cancer, these are all horrible diseases. Watch the Michael Mann film from 90’s The Insider. I stopped smoking after that.
Try saving the £5 from a bottle of wine & or cigs ( not sure how much) for a holiday, day trip etc.
Learn breathing techniques instead to help manage stress.
Try longer exhale to inhbale.
7. We are not taught breathing but so important for health & well being and as I learnt on The Minded InTitute yoga therapy for the mind course.
8. Eat regularly & healthily
I am moving to a rawer, plant based diet as more and more people are.
Also looking to grow more fruit & veg.
Compassion for animals. I wouldn’t kill an animal to eat it so will not eat it.
9. Ensure you are getting enough good quality sleep.
Through self care can function better & through stilling the mind & listening to voice inside can see what is next step.
10. We all have guardian angels, Angels watching over us.Remember the Abba song, I believe in Angels? Doreen Virtue does alot about this. If you take time, you may notice numerology 11,22 etc.
I am posting meditations with breathing exercises, chants to to You tube & Twitter @ Nathalie Mylan @mylanmindyoga
Yoga sessions Audible yoga 8793.
Donations appreciated via PayPal if you find beneficial.
I offer Skype, phone & some in person sessions.
Sliding scale on offer.
Invest in yourself & your well being. This is the most important thing in the long term.